PERSIMMON SPICED SCONES
Makes 12 scones or 36 mini scones
- 1 package Scrumptious Scone mix
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 5 TBSP cold diced butter (or alternative, such as Earth Balance)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c heavy cream (or alternative, such as coconut cream)
- 4-5 medium persimmons, chopped
- 1 TBSP turbinado sugar
- Prepare baking sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Combine scone mix and spices in a large bowl. Using a pastry cutter, cut in butter until mix resembles fine crumbs.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs and cream.
- Slowly add liquid ingredients into dry, stirring just until combined. Blend in persimmons.
- Using a large spoon, drop dough into 12 equal rounds onto cookie sheet (or 36 for mini scones). Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or tops are lightly golden.
- Transfer to wire cooling racks.